mystixtory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackened Heart

2 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Blackened Heart Empty Blackened Heart

Post  Taintedivinity Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:45 pm

It had been written, long ago, that the starting point of all magic in the realms was the human soul. All of mankind could manipulate this energy, to change reality. It could be used to create, and destroy by no more than a thought.

However, there was one race of people, who for whatever reason could not practice magic of any sort. These individuals, were known as Miravae, easily picked out from a crowd by thier pale complection, gray eyes, and platinum hair. Beause they could not practice magic, they were persecuted, since without magic, they could not bear souls. They were not human.

Hunted to near extinction, there were so few in this age, that they were treated as little more than dogs, having no sort of power, and were kicked aside like trash, sometimes sold into slavery.

Something would have to change drastically for the magically inept beings, or soon they would be wiped from the face of this world, but, it seemed to everyone else, that it would be more use to them if they were gone, rather than trying to save them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He ran. Each stride, seeming to take him nowhere, even though he had pushed every ounce of energy into them. He would soon have to stop, to catch his breath.

But what if they caught him? Even if they didn't even care enough to chase him down, where would he run to?

It dawned on him. There was nowhere to go, nowhere to escape. There was nothing. He had accomplished no more than running from the hands of his enemies, into the open jaws of a monster. The world.

But what about her? They had her. It was too much to hope that she had escaped as he had. She was so young, what would they do to her? Dark things, dark things. He knew of what they were capable, saw the blood run cold through the streets of his home, saw how death was all they had brought. Death and laughter.

He had to go back for her. No, impossible. He was one against so many. He would die, and she would be no closer to freedom from it. He needed help. But from who? No one. Not a soul would help him, and he knew it. He knew it well.

Even still, to give up so easily was to betray her. It was to betray them all. He couldn't. He wouldn't. No injustice set upon his people should go unpunished. He only hoped that there were others who felt the same.

Even as his feet began to bleed, he had to press on. He would continue, even if his trail of blood led his pursuers straight to him. Running was all he had left to do. All he could do.

He coughed, raggedly, tiredly. Just a little more. A little more... please...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zander Finn. Swordsman. Hero. He was, it could be easily said, the most well known warrior on the whole world. Women, fame, fortune, he had it all. Looks, strength, intellegence, it seemed to all fall into place for this one man.

He smiled, a passerby servant blushed, and he fed off of it. Popularity was his, and he loved it. Even as he walked through the town of Balisk, the others looked at him in awe. Like a god among men, some said, and he was having a hard time dissagreeing.

Zander waded through the people, and they parted, his purple and ebon jacket and hat showing prominantly amidst the sea of grey and brown. They had never known of someone so famous to seek refuge in their humble town. And he took full advantage.

His room at the inn, the best of course, and free. The whole town would be in a bustle for a few days as he stayed there, looking into his next quest, and days after he had left.

He always did like stirring up a bit of excitement as he came.

He walked through the streets daily, as he was doing now, as if reminding them all who he was, and that yes, he was there, and no it was not a dream. He grinned as he walked. This was practiacally his town. And no one would even try to argue. They all knew it.

Last edited by Taintedivinity on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Taintedivinity
Taintedivinity

Location : I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you.

Back to top Go down

Blackened Heart Empty Re: Blackened Heart

Post  Admin Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:39 pm

As he headed up to his room, there was a pub below the inn, it was only open at late hours and it was a family owned business, there was 3 bar tenders serving for the night. A man that was getting of age, and a young man that looked about he was in his late teens, then a young girl who looked about in her very early 20's if not even 20 period.
It was late around midnight, and the bar was pretty decent size with people, the drunks in the back laughing and talking, having a good time. The girl looks at them and sighs as she starts to polish off the bar counter, one of them whistle at her calling her to come over, she just shakes her head and ignores them. One of them comes over to the bar counter as he grabs her hand while she was cleaning. The women had the looks of a princess, she was morely beautiful, but she made her looks, look like they were plane, her face was flawless, but her hair was pulled back into a bun, and she was covered up with a long dress with long sleeves with slits on her shoulders so they would show. She looks at the man as she tries to yank her arm away from his. "Can I help you...?" She says with a dark but yet se still had to be professional. "Yea, you can start by giving me a key to a room, and joining me heh heh" The man said with a husky and drunk voice, he reeked of booze, she was use to the smell as she had to smell it each night, when a drunk trying to flirt with her, she shook her head as she said nothing and yanked her hand out of his grasp.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://mystixtory.freeforumshosting.biz

Back to top Go down

Post  Taintedivinity Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:53 pm

Zander saw the incedent take place, striding over to the counter. He smile lit upon his lips. "Now, now. That is no way to treat a lady." He flashed her a quick smile, turning back to the man. "Perhaps you would like to sit down, you look quite disorientated." His accent was thick, and it was apparent he did not come from the same country as this.

He looked friendly enough, even to the man, but, even though his voice remained calm and soft, his hand rested on the pommel of his sword, at the ready. Were that deterent enough for the drunk, Zander's hands were both covered by fingerless gloves, each bearing enchantment lines, only those skilled in reading them would even know what they did, and he was quite sure this idiot would be in the dark,

Still, deep down, Zander was hoping he would become violent. After all, putting on a show was his forte.
Taintedivinity
Taintedivinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:25 pm

The man had growled as he looked at the man in front of him and bit his thumb at him as that was a sign of giving him the finger. He had then pushed him out of the way and grabbed the girls arm once more. "Come on hun, I'll show you a night you won't forget eh haha" She growled as she smacked him across the face, his face was red and throbbing, he turned around as he was raving mad. He had smacked the girl across the face back as she had smashed into the wall and he rubs his cheek and then he punches the gentleman that was next to him from before.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Taintedivinity Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:11 am

The man's fist stops, an inch from Zander's face, halted by two of his fingers. "That was not very nice." Zander pushes the fist away, easily, despite how hard the man pushed. "I understand how one might get carried away, but you made the mistake of doing so in front of me."

Zander's smile was gone. He stared into the man's eyes, holding his fist at bay with only two fingers. He had made a grave mistake.
Taintedivinity
Taintedivinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:21 am

The man looked at Zander as he tried to yank his arm away from him, and tires to hit him with his other. The girl gets back up and holds her face, she looks at the man that was trying to hit Zander, as she then grabs a bottle of brandy and throws it in the mans eyes. as he then screams in pain from the burning hard alcohol that was in his eyes. "Grahhh!!!! You bitch!!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Taintedivinity Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:26 am

"Language, my friend." Zander brings up a punch, straight into the man's jaw, laying him out. The man fell hard on his back, a loud thud announcing his defeat. Zander looked at the maid who had been assaulted. Her cheek was still red, whether from anger, or the strike he was unsure. He steps toward her. "Ms. Are you hurt?"
Taintedivinity
Taintedivinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:35 am

She looks at him as she then holds up some ice to her cheek as she nods and she rubs her head. " It wouldn't be the first assult, thank you sir" She then looks at her reflection with an empty bottle as she rubs her cheek. "This is gonna hurt for a while...It's better then the punch in the gut though like last time, working here you will get angry drunks."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Taintedivinity Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:41 am

He shakes his head. "My apologies, ms. were I to dispose of him sooner, you would have never suffered such an injury." He slowly reached for her cheek. "If I may..."
Taintedivinity
Taintedivinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:45 am

She looked at him as she slightly but faintly blushed from his touch. "Um, what are you planning on doing sir?" She looked at him with curiosity, but worried she might get hit again, as she had gotten hit a lot of times.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Taintedivinity Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:49 am

He smiled, holdng her cheek in his hand. "Only apologizing for my inaction." A cool, soothing feeling came over the red area of her cheek. After a moment, both the soothing feeling, and the soreness of her cheek had all but dissapeared.

He pulled his hand from her skin. "How does it feel now?"
Taintedivinity
Taintedivinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:52 am

She gasps as she feels her cheek in shook, then she looks at the empty bottle as she feels her cheek more. "I-I'ts gone... T-Thank you sir..." She leans over to him and whispers into his ear. "You know magic don't you?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Taintedivinity Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:01 am

He smiles. "No need to thank me. And yes, I do." He chuckles, tilting his head. "What? Do I not strike you as the studious type?"
Taintedivinity
Taintedivinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:04 am

She looks at him then pulls back away from him. "N-No it's not that it's just...well I haven't seen anyone around here that can wield magic...I'm learning myself." She says in a whisper so other cannot hear.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Taintedivinity Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:09 am

He nods, pondering the situation. "I see." He looks at her curiously. "You don't seem to let anyone else know, why is that?"
Taintedivinity
Taintedivinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:12 am

"Well...my family I don't want them knowing, they think that knowing magic is an act of witchcraft, and I want to learn the arts of healing is all I want to learn it to protect them in case they get hurt...But hey, how bout I give you a free drink on the house, it's the least I can do with you handling that brute..." She smiles.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Taintedivinity Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:18 am

"Well..." He began to protest, but then seemed to immediately get over his indesccision. "Can't really say no to someone so pretty, can I?" He smiled sweetly at her.

He sat in one of the stools, stepping on the passed out drunkard as he walked by. "I suppose there are the suspicious in every bunch. Though most of them are the Miravae."
Taintedivinity
Taintedivinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:24 am

She nods as she pours him up a drink and serves it to him, she looks at him and she started to lay her elbows on the counter. "Well there have been a few dark magic wielders lurking around town, attacking people and stealing their essence, so I've been told. It's not safe to wonder the streets late at night, unless your a high priest. Those are the only people in town that people will accept having magic, since it is white magic, and most people think that it is a bless from god, that they have it toe fight off the dark users. Teh...I think it's bull how it goes as a double standard like that...these people are fearing their own god...I mean, anyone can rewrite the word of god and use it to their own power to control these lost minds..." She whispers more but is careful with her words in case he had a strong faith.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Taintedivinity Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:30 am

He nods. "Quite right. Unfortunatley, though, if not used as tools, the mindless rabble of humanity is completely useless in most situations. The sad truth is people need to be controlled." He shook his head, hoping he had not said too much. He usually liked keeping a neutral approach, if only for good publicity.
Taintedivinity
Taintedivinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:32 am

She smiles at him. "I like you, whats your name? I can at least know the name of my savor right?" She chuckles lightly.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Taintedivinity Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:37 am

He smiled. Could he help it if he weren't a little glad he was able to say something about himself now? "Perhaps you have heard of me." Of course she had, everyone had. "I am, Zander Finn. Spellsword extrordanaire."
Taintedivinity
Taintedivinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:41 am

She gasped and then dropped the glass she was cleaning. "T-The Zander Finn...? I-I didn't know we had such a celeberty in our Inn...I-I'm sorry if I have offended you in anyway sir, i shouldn't have been speaking to you in such a casual manner. P-Please have all the drinks you want, no charge."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Taintedivinity Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:47 am

He waves his hands. "No, no, please, it's alright." How even his presence could send even one as beautiful as this into an embarrased fit of stuttering. Had he not been proud enough of himself a moment ago, he cetaintly was now.

He scratched his head, chuckling. "I see you have heard of me, though."
Taintedivinity
Taintedivinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:52 am

She looks at him as she bows. "With all do respect sir, but anyone who is learning or even knows about magic has heard about you, you're practically a guru." She pours another drink for him as he was done with his first. "Would you like anything to eat tonight, we have just got fresh fish in a few hrs ago from the captain up from the docs, my father can fry you up something if you want." She smiles sweetly at him."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Taintedivinity Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:59 am

He shakes his head. "You flatter me." He smiles to back at her. "Yes, actually, I am becoming a little hungry. I suppose some fish would do." He always did enjoy it when things were just brought to him. He always justified this by saying he had earned it, and that it was his right to do so. Not that anyone seemed to disagree with him.
Taintedivinity
Taintedivinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum